So I was going to post all of these with photos. But it seems my SD card is corrupted…GAH!…I’m just posting the recipes for now and am setting about either rescuing the SD card, or just cooking everything again to photograph it. So watch this space.
This started life, without the tomatoes, as an additional stove-top veg in the Roast Chicken to Impress Your Mum series. And then my mum arrived in my tiny kitchen with a not-insignificant amount of home grown tomatoes. And they looked just too good to be relegated to the fridge and thrown into a half thought out salad later in the week.
And this was born.
Two cloves of garlic, crushed.
A good shake of chilli flakes
3-4 tomatoes, sliced in half or quarters depending on size (optional)
Half a lemon
- Slice your courgettes lengthways, and then on a diagonal slice them into 5mm thick slices
- Heat a good slug of oil in a pan on a medium high heat.
- Add your courgettes, garlic, salt and shake of chilli flakes to the pan.
- Cook them on a medium high heat to give them some colour and then turn down the heat a little to soften the courgettes. This takes about 20 mins.
- If you’re adding tomatoes add them now, stir through and heat gently until they soften.
- Right before serving, squeeze half a lemon over the courgettes (make sure you do it through your hand to catch any pips).
One thought on “Courgettes with garlic, chilli and lemon (and tomatoes, if you like)”